Wednesday, June 17, 2009

at 4:08 AM Labels: , Posted by Lissette

Two months from now, both Brent and I will be living in Japan. I started the blog with the thought that maybe our friends and family would like to know what our lives will be like living in a foreign country, and how we're doing over there.

Currently, Brent and I are living in different parts of the country. He's still in Milwaukee, while I'm in Washington, on an extended visit with family before heading out to Japan. I hadn't been back here since moving out to Milwaukee three years ago, and it's good to be back. I already miss all the people from Wisconsin (and the fact that there are things to do in Milwaukee) but I'm glad I get to bum around my hometown for a few months.

The first thing I did when I got back to Washington was to eat at a burger place that served fry sauce. Oh fry sauce, how I missed you! I then walked up and down the aisles at a Safeway, finding all the food that you can't find in Milwaukee. Right now I'm visiting my dad, stepmom, and stepbrother in Port Townsend, Washington. I absolutely love this area of the state. In the past 36 hours, I have been served fish and chips with malt vinegar, driven through a forest, purchased both lavender chapstick and lavender chocolate, had the best latte I've had in years, and later today I'm planning on heading to the beach. What can beat that?

I would upload photos of Port Townsend, but I was stupid and left my camera in Zillah. But I'm sure I'll make it here once more before heading out to Japan.

Next on my Washington agenda: visiting with my brother this weekend in Seattle.

0 comments: